So today is our first official day of summer break and this weekend our pool opens! I am so excited to hit the pool, but not overly thrilled with my figure this summer. I may or may not have gained 10 pounds since last summer... Either way, it's definitely not stopping me from hitting the pool with my daughter! I taught her this year in my pre-k class and it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I enjoyed every second of it and am still in disbelief at how fast the year flew. Watching her graduate was surreal and just another reminder that life is flying by people. It doesn't wait for anybody or anything. If you want to live it, you'd better get out there now. Stop waiting for the right time, or the perfect body, or a better "mood." Don't say, "next year," or "next time I will do it" because all we really have is NOW.
So, no matter what your body's condition this summer, we can find a swimsuit for that. Do not skip the summer pool fun with your kiddos because you feel uncomfortable in your suit! Let's find you a suit that you feel comfortable in. And remember, it really doesn't matter what other people think of your suit, the ONLY thing that matters is if you like it and feel good in it! Stop worrying about what other people might think or say- the only person that gets to live your life is YOU! Now put on that suit and get out there!!
1. Nicole Miller one piece swim dress size 10 runs a titch small, so size up if you want it looser. This swimsuit has a thick under layer that feels very supportive and holds it all in place with full booty coverage. I love the girly ruffle hem and the trendy cut-out. The straps are removable, but if you have little kids still learning how to swim, I don't recommend removing it.
2. Anne Cole one-piece in navy with cap sleeves size 10. Runs true to size. I purchased this one from zulily on major sale, but you can still find similar styles out there by Anne Cole. This suit feels really classy to me and incredibly comfortable. Works well for those with a long torso like me. I love the cap sleeve detail and the over-all quality of this swimsuit is simply divine. Molded cups and adjustable straps, also full booty coverage- Yasssssss- thank you Anne Cole!
3. Boden Santorini Rainbow Stripe Swimsuit sz 12L- This suit is everythang y'all! It has everything that I love!!! And the BEST part is that you can order it in LONG if you have a long torso like I do! I love the low hem on the leg, full booty coverage, built in molded cups, rainbow stripe waistline and a nice thick lining to hold it all in. It is both fun and flattering and I feel like I can run after my kid in it without flashing anyone. This suit runs a size small because it is a UK company and people in the UK are skinnier than Americans. And if my husband is reading this, NO, I did not pay full price on this. It was on double sale when I got it. So... what the heck, I got two!
4. Boden Santorini Hot Pepper Swimsuit sz 12L- So this one really might be my absolute favorite one. I'm such a sucker for red and pink y'all. It gets me EVERY. TIME. I saw it and literally got butterflies!!! Anyhoo, this one is a winner- HIGHLY recommend!
5. Two-Piece Nicole Miller Swim sz. 10- runs true to size. I got both of these on major sale on zulily (my fave online spot to score major deals). I paid less than $25 for each and y'all know I love a good sale! These suits are for the mama that wants to wear a two-piece, but maybe has not been a slave to the gym this year or doesn't love their lower belly so much. You can jack these babies up over your belly button and hide it all ladies. They are fun and flirty without being over-the-top. I also love the full coverage bottoms, comfy waist band, adjustable straps, and full coverage tops. If you want to rock the 2-piece this summer, try out this high waist trend. My high-waist tip is to stay away from the ones with a skinny elastic waistband, very unflattering. Go for the thicker, and looser waistbands- much more attractive. Try it! It can actually be quite flattering.
And last and final tip... do NOT shop for swimsuits online after drinking wine and doing karaoke with your friends. You might order one from a Chinese website called Beach Sissi. And at the time it might seem like a GREAT DEAL!!! VERY cheap... and for good reason. Raw edges that look like they were cut with scissors, upside down rainbows, and just whyyyy did I get this anyway???!!! Seemed like a good idea at the time. Well maybe you can learn from my mistake ladies.
Now get suited up and get out there y'all. Life will not wait for you. Dive in. The water's fine! Go! Enjoy it now!!