1. Hair game #onpoint. Change your hair. Change your life. That's what they say right??! Well they seriously should. But mamas,STOP before you chop- Be sure to tell your stylists that you do not want the "mom-bob". No. No. No.Noooooo. It needs to be choppy and you need to be able to rock this cut messy. As in, get out of the bed, Flat iron the two front pieces. Put on some mascara. And go. Get. Em. Mascara makes every haircut look better- let's be real. You people who still don't wear mascara.... Ya'll are missing out.
Chopping my hair in 2017 is just the first thing on my list this year. I know I'm getting started a little bit late y'all, but January was the month of nasty viruses and at the time, my only resolution was to get well. Now that I'm better, it's game time and I need a tune up.
2. Flirty lash game #smoking. Yep. They are real. All mine y'all, no fox hair Kim K. extension mess here. This is a new little product I discovered called Babe Lash Serum. Click on the name to check it out. I promise promise promise you... It. Works. And way less expensive than all the other products on the market right now. Just glide it along the lash line before bed each night and in 3 weeks your lashes be poppin' #likemary.
3. Date night outfit #crushedit. So this year I have resolved to have more date nights and to take showers and try to look hot-ish once in a while. Yes you can wear a damn brown belt with black jeans y'all. Hush and just own it.
It does wonders for the self esteem when you pull it all together sometimes. Notice that all of these pics are taken on the same day in the same outfit. That is because when I get it together for date night, it needs to be well documented. 99% of the time, I'm in mom jeans, tennis shoes and a flannel button down. I work at a pre-school and I'm a mom of a 3 year old. Don't judge me just because I'm not walking around like this most days. But, I admit it feels great to get it together- and making the hubbs take these pics was hysterically funny. Let's just say his ideas for poses were less than helpful.
4. Accessory game #nailedit. I'm loving these cheapie necklaces on jane.com. Each of these were less than $8. Everyday they feature new shops, but they almost always have fun necklaces being featured. Go get you some. They just add so much YASSSS to a blah outfit and as moms, we have a lot of blah, black and gray in our closets. Don't lie.
5. And last but certainly not least it's time to get my fit on. See, what had happened was that I fell- well I got kicked off the fit train back in December when Christmas hit, then January with the plague and all... Anyhoo, it's time to get back on the fit train because that train is about to leave the damn station if you know what I mean.. Before pics have been taken. And a 6-week workout video has been selected.
Notice that I said 6-week. I'm Moderation Mama remember?! I will not be doing P90Freaks or Insanity nuttiness. Because y'all, this mama #aintgottimeforthat. However the video series I picked is by Beach Body and called Slim In 6. It is a verrrrrry old 6-week program with nineties elevator music and dorky jokes. But I freaking love Debbie Siebers. In my head, she is like one of my old friends. I did this work out video in college you guys- so when Debbie and I get together in my tv room. It's just fun.
I wish I could go to classes at the gym but now that I'm working and the hubbs travels so much and often isn't home until after 7, it's just so hard to get there. Hubbs goes to the gym at 5:30am, so I don't get to go then, and after school my daughter naps. Once she wakes up, we barely have time to hit the playground and cook dinner. So for my current situation, a workout video after my daughter goes to bed is my best option if I want consistency.
I plan to hold myself accountable by posting pics every 2 weeks. OMG. Whaaaaat? I know right. But I'm doing it. Anybody want to join me? Nope, I'm not selling Beach Body Products and I'm fairly confident in saying that I will never "sell" anything. It's just not my thang. But if you want more info on Beach Body Videos so that you can #werk for the next 6 weeks with me before swim suit season creeps up on you- talk to my girl Anneka Hitch- she is a coach and can help a sister out.
So what am I eating? Now hold on y'all, one thing at a dang time. I plan to #werk on my fitness and continue to eat moderately with the exception of alcohol and desserts. Not like I drink that much, but it is just empty calories- so reserving that for Friday and Saturdays only (2 drink max). And no desserts. I know. I know. But, fruit doesn't count and it is ohhhh. So sweet.
So what are you doing this year to feel good about yourself? We all need a tune up. Come on now, we need details! 2017, we have arrived.