And Mama, THAT is exactly why you need these bracelets. You are never too old, too lame, or too momish to be cutting edge- and don't you forget it! These bracelets are unique, fun, and stylish- best of all, they are CHEAP!!! Y'all every. single. time I wear these, someone asks me where I got them.
I love that you can wear them when you are going out on a date night or with your leggings and tank top. I have EVEN worn them in the pool! They are so much fun and each one has it's own personality. You can mix and match them for totally different looks each time! Pair them with a watch, bangles, or one of your gold staple bracelets and BAM- you are a show stopper! Those of you that wear all black head to toe like you're mourning your youth daily, I see you. These are for you- perfect thing to add a splash color!
In my dreams, my bathtub is filled with a them and I am just rolling around in them like an animal. Wait until you try them. You will know exactly what I mean.
Ignore the arm hair. Are you dying yet???! Well, today is your lucky day because I'm doing a drawing and 1 lucky reader will win 3 bracelets!!! All you have to do is tag one person's name (that you think would like these bracelets) under this post on Facebook and YOUR name will be entered to win! I will do the drawing on SUNDAY night!!! But if you don't win, you can always get yourself a set on amazon or ebay! The "random selection" is riskier, because you won't know which ones they pick for you. I recommend choosing your own set on ebay. The bracelets roll on- YES they will fit you. They stretch because they are crochet!
Lily and Laura also sell these bracelets at a slightly higher price, but a larger profit goes to supporting artisans in Nepal. Check them out!
So today is our first official day of summer break and this weekend our pool opens! I am so excited to hit the pool, but not overly thrilled with my figure this summer. I may or may not have gained 10 pounds since last summer... Either way, it's definitely not stopping me from hitting the pool with my daughter! I taught her this year in my pre-k class and it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I enjoyed every second of it and am still in disbelief at how fast the year flew. Watching her graduate was surreal and just another reminder that life is flying by people. It doesn't wait for anybody or anything. If you want to live it, you'd better get out there now. Stop waiting for the right time, or the perfect body, or a better "mood." Don't say, "next year," or "next time I will do it" because all we really have is NOW.
So, no matter what your body's condition this summer, we can find a swimsuit for that. Do not skip the summer pool fun with your kiddos because you feel uncomfortable in your suit! Let's find you a suit that you feel comfortable in. And remember, it really doesn't matter what other people think of your suit, the ONLY thing that matters is if you like it and feel good in it! Stop worrying about what other people might think or say- the only person that gets to live your life is YOU! Now put on that suit and get out there!!
1. Nicole Miller one piece swim dress size 10 runs a titch small, so size up if you want it looser. This swimsuit has a thick under layer that feels very supportive and holds it all in place with full booty coverage. I love the girly ruffle hem and the trendy cut-out. The straps are removable, but if you have little kids still learning how to swim, I don't recommend removing it.
2. Anne Cole one-piece in navy with cap sleeves size 10. Runs true to size. I purchased this one from zulily on major sale, but you can still find similar styles out there by Anne Cole. This suit feels really classy to me and incredibly comfortable. Works well for those with a long torso like me. I love the cap sleeve detail and the over-all quality of this swimsuit is simply divine. Molded cups and adjustable straps, also full booty coverage- Yasssssss- thank you Anne Cole!
3. Boden Santorini Rainbow Stripe Swimsuit sz 12L- This suit is everythang y'all! It has everything that I love!!! And the BEST part is that you can order it in LONG if you have a long torso like I do! I love the low hem on the leg, full booty coverage, built in molded cups, rainbow stripe waistline and a nice thick lining to hold it all in. It is both fun and flattering and I feel like I can run after my kid in it without flashing anyone. This suit runs a size small because it is a UK company and people in the UK are skinnier than Americans. And if my husband is reading this, NO, I did not pay full price on this. It was on double sale when I got it. So... what the heck, I got two!
4. Boden Santorini Hot Pepper Swimsuit sz 12L- So this one really might be my absolute favorite one. I'm such a sucker for red and pink y'all. It gets me EVERY. TIME. I saw it and literally got butterflies!!! Anyhoo, this one is a winner- HIGHLY recommend!
5. Two-Piece Nicole Miller Swim sz. 10- runs true to size. I got both of these on major sale on zulily (my fave online spot to score major deals). I paid less than $25 for each and y'all know I love a good sale! These suits are for the mama that wants to wear a two-piece, but maybe has not been a slave to the gym this year or doesn't love their lower belly so much. You can jack these babies up over your belly button and hide it all ladies. They are fun and flirty without being over-the-top. I also love the full coverage bottoms, comfy waist band, adjustable straps, and full coverage tops. If you want to rock the 2-piece this summer, try out this high waist trend. My high-waist tip is to stay away from the ones with a skinny elastic waistband, very unflattering. Go for the thicker, and looser waistbands- much more attractive. Try it! It can actually be quite flattering.
And last and final tip... do NOT shop for swimsuits online after drinking wine and doing karaoke with your friends. You might order one from a Chinese website called Beach Sissi. And at the time it might seem like a GREAT DEAL!!! VERY cheap... and for good reason. Raw edges that look like they were cut with scissors, upside down rainbows, and just whyyyy did I get this anyway???!!! Seemed like a good idea at the time. Well maybe you can learn from my mistake ladies.
Now get suited up and get out there y'all. Life will not wait for you. Dive in. The water's fine! Go! Enjoy it now!!
How much time do you spend looking in the mirror at your face?OK. I ask because I have a few theories on that. It says something about where your head's at. I think it says a little something about your overall emotional health. I'm specifically focusing on two types of mirror lookers.
1) The One-&-Done Mirror Looker- this person prefers not to look at themselves at all or see themselves ever unless absolutely necessary. They do not care about whether they are sporting the newest makeup trend or if their hair needs a trim. They really only check the mirror to make sure they will not horrify the public or call any attention at all to themselves. No bleeding zits? Check. No food on their face? Check. These people have convinced themselves that there is nothing they could do to their EXTERIOR that might improve the way they feel inside. Yes. Please read that sentence again. Is this you???
The second type of "mirror looker" that I am going to address today is called the Obsessive Mirror Looker
2) The Obsessive Mirror Looker- this person looks in every mirror they come across. They know and obsess over every imperfection on their face and body and usually wear exactly the same makeup every day and have worn it that way for years, maybe decades. This person's makeup is their armor in this big bad world. They are searching for control. They need to tweeze, pencil in, cover up, blend, foundation, powder, highlight, and shine/de-shine everything. They can barely function when they have a large zit and they have a pile of face creams, serums, and gels to avoid the dreaded wrinkle, age spot, or dry patch. If they are not busy layering on makeup to HIDE their natural looks, they are slathering on face creams to CHANGE their "natural" look.
Both types of mirror lookers need balance in their mirror-looking lives. That's where I come in. Feeling that insecure about your face is a horrible place to be. We have DONE the anguished teenager thing and worried about our faces already ladies. Enough. We are ADULTS now and we get to rock these imperfect faces making zero apologies.
Here's the best part. No matter WHAT the Kardashians might tell you, you do not need airbrushed makeup, lip implants, cheek fillers, botox, laser resurfacing, or face creams that cost thousands of dollars. So what IS the secret to aging gracefully and wearing a daily makeup that makes you feel confident but doesn't take an hour to apply you ask?
Actually, I think it's kind of simple. I truly believe that learning to love your face AS IS, is the most beneficial thing you can do for your life in this moment. I know you're rolling your eyes right now, like come on. What a load!
But bear with me. Why do dark spots on our faces have to be so dreaded? Why are wrinkles so embarrassing? Aren't we lucky that we GET to age? Why is it bad to be unique??? I think we need to rethink this whole idea of what our faces are "supposed" to look like.
I think we need to find a happy medium here ladies. We need to use makeup that aims to accentuate the favorite parts of our faces and not worry so much about hiding the things that make us who we are.
My fave makeup routine focuses on the eyes. This makeup literally takes me the duration of one song. Yes, you should listen to music when putting on makeup. Music makes people happy and happy people do better makeup. Usually rap. Most often a Drake song, maybe the Post Malone song Better Now. But the point is, makeup should take no more than 5 minutes to apply. IF you are painting your face like pottery for an hour, you are doing this thing all wrong. You need a therapist. Not a makeup tutorial. You are beautiful as you are. Think ENHANCE, not COVER.
Step one- BROWS Avoid over-plucking your brows, it makes you look older and more psychotic. A few strays is just fine. Stop obsessing. Pencil in a light brow pencil (not too dark because too dark=psycho) and brush eyebrows upward. Do not overdo it, you do not want to look like an angry bird.
Step two- LASHES Curl your eye lashes people. You guys, please tell me you have tried an eyelash curler before? It takes less than 5 seconds to do it and the results are mesmer-eye-zing. I have been asked so many time if I'm wearing fake lashes. Nope. A lash curl will. change. the. trajectory. of. your. entire. life. I'm absolutely positive of this fact. In fact in high school I once answered the question, "what is the one thing you would bring with you from a burning building..." Well, yes. I said my eye lash curler. I'm not that ashamed of it either. So obviously after you curl, you need to add some light mascara. I love Maybeline Lash Stiletto waterproof mascara. After you curl, just swipe a few times starting at the lash line, then finish by dabbing the wand across the ends of the lashes to coat the ends. And Voila. Mesmer- eye-zing!
Step three- EYELINER This step is actually not necessary. You can just stop after lashes and brows, but if you want to kick it up a notch and have an extra 5 seconds per eye, I highly recommend it. I like to use a pencil because the liquid stuff can get messy and it takes longer to get it just right. Start your eyeliner mid-lash line to make your eyes look bigger and bring it out to the outer corner, smudge with your finger to give it a more blended look. Finish with a light stroke or two of natural-looking brown eye shadow on the lid only, or skip eye shadow- I usually skip it. You can also sipe some light bronzy blush on the apples of your cheeks to give some color to your face- Voila! Done in less than 3 minutes!
Remember that the key to a beautiful daily makeup look, should be to ENHANCE your natural beauty. Embrace those imperfections on your face and enhance those features that you love with a simple makeup look.
Here is my mama. She is my makeup inspiration and my age-gracefully idol. She has never had botox, fillers, face lift, face bleach- y'all nothing. And she looks GORGEOUS. Her freckles and spots make her look even more perfect! Her wrinkles are perfectly placed and she's not HIDING any of it. She's enhancing it all with minimal makeup. Mom, might kill me later for posting this pic, but I think it perfectly demonstrates my point. Looking great Mama! And Mamas out there, may we remember those little eyes that are always watching you. Show them that you never have to feel like you need to HIDE what you look like.
So your mission is to think about this post. Reflect on which type of mirror looker you might be. Could you feel even better about yourself by enhancing a few things? Or do you need to tone it down and stop covering up, and start enhancing? Remember, above all, the sooner you can begin to make peace with and embrace the imperfections on your beautiful face, the more graceful and lovely you will become to everyone you meet.
I'm a teacher and mom. I'm on my feet a lot. I also have arthritis in my feet and knees. I need lots of support and cushion, but I still want to look cute and not destroy a great outfit with grandma shoes. I have scoured the planet for shoes that are both stylish and comfortable and let me tell you, they are HARD to come by. It's a terrible shame really. I need to start my own line- but that's for another day. Anyhoo, I was able to come up with these three incredible winners that I now own and completely love. I would not have included them if I could not wear them for 8+ hours.
Yes, I had a spray tan in the first pic and no spray tan in the second pic- man, I'm pale, focus on the shoes. These are called Cloud Steppers by Clarks. Oh. My. Stars. Ya'll. They make me want to praise Jesus for this gift! They are truly fantastic. I got a 6.5 wide- I love a wide shoe because I hate nothing more than the toe squeeze. These have great toe room, soft sole (hence the cloud stepper name), great support and adjustable, barely noticeable velcro heel straps. My mom and sister both got them too- we are all obsessed. You can find them here.
Going out on a date? To a wedding? Office Party? Girls night out? Have no fear- you can be comfy all night, literally for hours in these and they are BEAUTIFUL. The little stones on them are so intricate and pretty! I get so many compliments. Plus you can dance all night! I have paired them with my dressy romper here- great combo! You can find them here.
I never thought I'd be wearing shoes by the brand grasshoppers, (sounds so...elderly) but you guys, they are so dang cute and comfortable for hours on your feet -they kept me hoppin'. They look awesome with a dress, romper, skirt, as well as skinny jeans and even the new wide-leg trousers. They are supportive and the foot beds are so soft with an adjustable velcro ankle strap, and the strap is low enough so that it doesn't make your ankles look fat. Don't mind if I do. You can find them here.
If you know me well, you know that I love bright colors and positive, inspiring messages. How much fun is it to have BOTH in one tee? Um. Yes, please. I've fought really hard to get to a good place with my arthritis this past year. I've had some really hard days y'all. I've had days where I felt so incredibly afraid of what my future might look like, that I just felt paralyzed with fear and anxiety. I had to pick myself up- that's something no one else can do for you. You are the only person that can pick yourself up. Every person is different as to how they do that. I pick myself up with positive messages, hugging my dog, loud gangsta rap and exercising (the exercise reminds me that I'm capable, the rap makes me feel invincible). I'll take the positivity wherever I can get it, but I do feel like I have a lot of control over my fear these days. I still stumble sometimes and have days when I struggle with my anxiety, but overall I feel so much more in control of it now.
I cannot tell you how many people comment on my positivi-TEES. Everywhere I go, people smile at me, give me a thumbs up, or comment that they like my shirt! Now that's uplifting! Spread the love y'all, it's not cheesy- and even if it is, who cares?!
PS. The camo tee is not especially inspiring, and I am not at all "country." I just included it because camo pattern is IN this year and it does not have to be the background of a John Deer shirt! I'm loving the ruffles- can never have enough ruffles. Plus, the ruffles and camo are just a fun and unexpected juxtaposition.
Gray tank- Target; Pink and Blue tees- J Crew; Camo Tee- Sheinlove; Bright shorts- J crew Factory
I promised you guys that I would be sharing my latest obsession with rompers and jumpsuits and now that summer is halfway over, we had better get to it. I'm about to celebrate my 10th year wedding anniversary and I will be wearing, you guessed it- a romper!! I'll let you guess which one (think bridal romper).
If you have never tried one on before, please believe... I was once like you. I thought every outfit should have a "top" and a "bottom" and that these two pieces should not be connected for reasons such as: long butt syndrome, high chance of wardrobe malfunction, and issues with going to the bathroom in public. Well, fear not. Rompers have come a long way y'all. These are NOT your mama's rompers. These pieces are one-and-done one-piece unicorn-style in a single step. Prepare to be transformed. Imagine being totally on-trend with a single piece? Better than a dress because a dress is bor-ing. A dress is so expected. Its not edgy or surprising. Plus you can dance all night in a romper and even bend over after drinking too much- they've gotcha covered! You can dress them up for a date or even a black tie event. Or, you can dress them down for a casual summery look with sandals. Check out my romper looks below and let me know your thoughts! Are they not the greatest?!
Tips for buying a romper: Best to try them on in person, however if ordering online read reviews and look for the ones that appear longer on the leg - if you go too short, there will be a wardrobe malfunction situation. Always size up in a romper. A romper is much nicer looking on any figure if it is looser. A too tight romper is a recipe for channeling Richard Simmons, and that is not the look we are going for here. Try the rompers with both wedges and flat sandals. They can work with either. Don't forget the earrings- a must!
And most of all, step out of the box and enjoy yourself! Have a romptastical time!
*Please do not judge the faces I am making in these pictures. I am not a model and I have no idea what face to make. Focus.on. the. rompers.
Let me start this post by saying that I do not claim to be a fashion expert by any means. I simply like what I like and I make no apologies for that. I love style that is fun and happy. I like color, love stripes and polka dots, color blocking, shoulder cut outs, and jeans with stretch. I cannot bring myself to pay full price for something unless I will literally die without it, and nothing makes me happier than finding a great deal. Except sparkly Keds. Y'all, I freaking loooove sparkly Keds.
So here it goes, enjoy your 2016 Moderation Mama Fall Closet Inspiration... Don't mind the messy bedroom or my lazy dog.
1. Sparkly Keds. Life. Changing. Get you some.
2. Ankle bootie. So comfortable and works with ever-thang.
3. New Balance Classics. Because they take me back to my old high school shoes, and plus they are super comfy for being on your feet all day. These are not work out shoes, they are walking and running errands-type shoes.
4. Color Block Tunics rock because they are great at hiding the flaws and hang just below the booty so you feel ok wearing them with leggings. Plus, hot pink and stripes?! Umm. Yes please!
5. More color blocking tops with stripes and a high-low hemline. Great for a casual jeans look.
6. Poooooolka Dooooooots. You know I can't get enough. Judge away. But I just love them so much.
7. Because Stripes + Elbow Patches = Yaaaaaas
8. Oatmeal waffle top with mini hip capes?! I need a pumpkin spice latte stat!
9. Yep. Everyone needs a bright colored long drapey cardi for those mornings when your pants feel too tight, you just want to wear all black but trying to avoid the "In Mourning" look.
10. Because red jeans do not have to be so scary when they are streeeeeetchy. And plaid in the fall- all day everyday.
11. The red streeeetch jeans again with this fabulous muffin top disguiser criss cross top. Yes, this top is fabulous!
12. Another high-low hem top. Gotta have a weekend casual tee like this- works with leggings or jeans.
13. Cut outs cut outs cut outs! Great for fall because they are not too warm, and you can always bring a cardi if it's chilly.
14. Matching with your bestie, because love is always in style
Find it: Tops 4,5,6,12, & 13 are all from my fave online spot Lime Lush Boutique. # 8 is from Magnolia Boutique, red streeeetchy jeans from Belk, Plaid top from Old Navy, Brown Booties from Red Dress Boutique. #9 & #11 from Zulily online last year.
1) Shower using an exfoliating body wash or gently wash using a wash cloth. Focus on exfoliating rougher areas like knees, elbows, and ankles.
2) Dry off and lightly moisturize rougher areas with a light moisturizer. Allow a couple of minutes for moisturizer to set and begin spraying desired areas holding bottle at arm's length.
3) When finished spraying, use a bundle of toilet paper to gently rub/dab away any excess on knees ankles, feet, and elbows.
4) Wash hands thoroughly and allow 5 minutes for application to set before getting into bed.
General Rules of Thumb:
1) Do NOT be afraid of self-tanners. You will NOT end up looking like The Donald I swear. It would take about a hundred consecutive applications to get that orange, so don't be shy-just go for it!
2) If an area looks uneven or a bit streaky when you wake up, you can even it out with a wet wash cloth and a little scrubbing.
3) Most often, you will wake up wishing it was darker than it turned out, but remember to achieve desired color, it usually takes 2-3 applications.
4) To maintain your color for longer than 3-4 days, wash with a gentle soap like Dove, and moisturize with lotion after showering.
5) Once you get comfortable with the self tanner you pick, you might even try experimenting like, dabbing the bronzing gel on your cheekbones and forehead only, or maybe you just want a little extra color on your face, neck, and chest- you can really personalize your look and it is not rocket science I promise.
In the pic above, I achieved my look after two applications. I've found that when I use some self-tanner, I need less makeup too. Always a plus. So, don't be scared. You can do this. Get out there and have a little fun-summer is almost here! Comment below with your safe sun summer bronzing tips, I want to hear from you!
Has it hit you yet? Swimsuit season is upon us ladies. Get your heads out of the sand. It's time to shop... "swimwear." Cue "Something Bad,"by Miranda Lambert. All kidding aside, are you doing the 21-Day Arm Challenge with me??? If you're not, I need to know why not because no matter what kind of swimsuit you choose, you will likely be flaunting those arms and I'm so serious when I say that I can already see and feel a difference in my strength. Who wants to arm wrestle?
So, I can. not. believe I am about to go "live" with my swimwear choices for this season-but, Moderation Mama keeps it real y'all and let me start by saying there is no Kim Kardashian photo-shop/filter-ation mess going on here, so give me a break would ya? Let me start by telling you how my pool days have changed, demo my swimwear choices, and then finish by telling you to wear sunscreen or else you are an idiot.
Back in the day, like pre-mommin' days, I brought the following items to the pool: Towel. Sunscreen. Like 3 gossip magazines. and a beverage of my choice. My pool bag was some little trendy tote bag. I wore these cute trendy bikinis because mostly I could just lay on a lawn chair, ya know, all sucked in?!
Well, these days are over. Bringing a magazine-or anything to read at the pool is like a sick joke. My two-year old, fearless little nugget has changed all that. Laying on a lawn chair does not happen. Like, Ever. I'm either wading around in a slightly yellow tinged baby pool, chasing after my toddler as she run into the men's restroom, or picking up endless trails of goldfish droppings before we both get kicked out. And my tote has turned into something more like a rolling suitcase because of all the "necessities" toddlers need. My whale-of-a-bag is literally exploding with swim diapers, floaties, towels, pool toys, snacks, and juice boxes, and if even one of those items gets left behind when you head out to the pool, you best believe my daughter will discover it-immediately and lose. her. mind. Trust me y'all, better safe than sorry. Going to the pool is literally an "athletic" event these days and I need swimwear that can keep up, but at the same time, I am Moderation Mama so I'm not throwing in the towel so to speak, just yet. I want to feel good, but not be worrying about a Janet Jackson-like wardrobe "malfunction" and believe me, toddlers are even sneakier than Justin Timberlake at the Superbowl ok.
So, I pretty much hate shopping in stores for swimwear. It is such a downer. It is much better to sit at home, enjoy a glass of wine and peruse Zappos for swimwear because you can order online, try on at home, and they have free returns, duh! Such a no-brainer! So here are my selections for this summer. I also picked one bikini, not pictured- sorry y'all, not brave/crazy enough to put bikini pics out there.
The blue tennis mom, is by Athena Swimwear and they are known for making modest swimwear. You can find them on Zappos and while not cheap, they make super high quality, stylish, and flattering swimwear. I highly recommend the brand. It has a crisscross back and it is flattering from every angle. My husband asked me, "when did you start playing tennis?" Not sure that was the reaction I was going for, but 99% of the time, I'm at the pool without him, so he doesn't get a vote.
The Pink Tennis Mom, is also by Athena and it is also super-comfy as well as flattering although not cheap.
The Trendy Mom was purchased by yours truly on a total whim on a website called Zulily. It's by Betsy Johnson and I got a GREAT deal on it! I love the retro-style suits that are super trendy right now, but I need something functional as well. This one is fun and totally fit the bill. I can definitely toss on some sassy-chic cat-eyed sunglasses and hit the pool like a trendy boss mama-even though I will admit my husband said it looked like a "granny suit." Once again, his vote was not counted. ;)
And finally, my sunscreen rant. Please for the love, tell me you do not go to tanning beds and that you use sunscreen DAILY, like in your facial moisturizer? Like, DAILY? This should be happening because a sun tan might be pretty for three days, but those wrinkles you are creating will NOT, plus skin cancer is not cool at all. Your skin is your largest organ and it gives away your age right away. Do not be a sun worshiper, please- a wrinkly raisin is not cute, even with a tan and a trendy swimsuit. I need you to be wearing a minimum of Spf 30 daily on your face and neck and when spending time in the sun, cover your whole bod in 30+ Spf (I use 50). And wear a hat. There are lots of cute hats out there- no excuses ladies.
But, as I mentioned before, I do like a sun-kissed look and I am a firm-believer in self tanners. I have been testing a few and I will have my results out soon so stay tuned!!!
Ok Mamas, if you're anything like me, dressing for a holiday party can feel like dressing to go to the moon or something. You are used to sporting your yoga pants and old tees every day and the most exciting thing that has happened recently was that your toddler poo-pooed in the potty!!! So the idea of dressing like a legit adult and doing something fun is like... mind. blown. KABOOM.
Well, here are some of my holiday party staples that I know I can whip out and sport anywhere and feel great. You have to feel great in your clothes at a party or else you won't have fun. That's what I tell my husband when he sees that I bought more clothes. He's not convinced.
So the first thing to know is "What type of party is this?" I mean, you might wear something different to a party with your besties since you may get a little turned up, whereas you might need to turn it down a bit at your spouse's work party. You know what I'm saying?
1. The top left outfit is my LBD, or Little Black Dress. It is a classic, elegant dress that you can sport to anything from a charity event to a company holiday party with cocktail attire. If you don't have a simple black dress, then what the heck are you doing?
2. The lower left outfit is my, Look Like You Have Class (even if you don't) holiday party outfit. This outfit is for a more casual holiday party. Yes Mom, the trousers are white. But, they are actually an off white and made of wool, so totally on fleek for the season. I like to pair these trousers with a more fitted top with some lace to dress it up. I will add either a sparkly necklace or more subdued pearls, depending on the company at the party if you know what I'm saying;) Black heels need to be comfortable. Most parties do not have seating for everyone, so wear something you can stand in all night- a must.
3. Finally, the tops on the right are my holiday tops with some color for more casual parties. These are great with a pair of black skinnies and black riding boots (great for standing- and dancing all night). I also love them with a fun necklace, preferably long and with fringe on it. Oh, and don't forget the stacked bangles and dark n' moody nail polish!
HOLIDAY PARTY RULES 'N TIPS:
And Finally, Merry Christmas and have fun! Remember that perspective is everything, so smile and enjoy yourself. Where ever you may be.