This recipe is super easy, I give it a 3 on the easiness rating scale because there are multiple steps, albeit easy steps. The best part was that it was a hit with both the hubby and my picky toddler. Total win! I served this meal with a side salad and corn on the cob. And if you really want to get happy, check out my Get Happy Margarita recipe too.
Easiness Rating Scale 1= your 2 year old could make this without your help, 5= some effort involved, but you can totally do this
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
o 1 taco seasoning packet, any brand (I go with the low sodium kind)
o 1 bag of multigrain Tostito scoops
o 2 Large Chicken breasts (I use organic chicken, because meat is the one place that I try to go organic whenever possible, but pick your battles)
o 1 small can of salsa (pick the spiciness level, I used mild because I knew the hubby could spice it up later and my toddler won’t eat it if it’s too spicy)
o 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
Optional Ingredients for Toppings:
o Plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream if you don’t mind the calories)
o Avocado Mashed or diced
o Fresh Salsa
o Hot Sauce (My hubby and I prefer Cholula, MMmmm)
1. Put chicken breasts in crock pot (I recommend using a crock pot liner for easy clean up) and sprinkle one packet of taco seasoning over chicken, and cover with salsa. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs or high 4-6 hrs.
2. When chicken is fully cooked, use two forks to shred chicken.
3. Cover baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and spray baking sheet with oil, place Tostitos scoops on it
4. Use a fork to stuff each Tostito scoop with some shredded chicken
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, don’t worry about it getting on the baking sheet if you covered it in foil, easy clean up.
6. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted
7. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
Toddler Approved!!! And by the way, skip the bibs for dinner. They are just one more thing to clean up. Let your toddler be messy, just breathe. Bath time is coming…